Hi from Switzerland! 🇨🇭

Hi everyone! :call_me_hand:
I’m from Switzerland and I live in Bern, our capital city!

I discovered the handpan just three months ago on a new year’s cacao ceremony and it was mesmerizing!

I got my first handpan in mid February. It’s a handmade D Kurd 9 from Italy. I don’t know the maker’s name yet unfortunately, will have to check with my friend who got it for me.

I started David’s essential course about a month ago and am slowly making progress and having a lot of fun! I’m a real beginner with no musical background, so really having to take it slow. There’s so much to discover :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Welcome in The Handpan Village my friend :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hei @Nightbaron!
It is great to be a rookie at handpan indeed :slight_smile: I enjoy the moments when I realize that the rhythm that I felt puzzled about a few weeks ago is now “in my hands” and I can actually look around or talk to my kids while playing it :star-struck: small steps, but feel priceless.

5 Likes

Hello and welcome! David’s essential is great to start with, he’s really good into making it easy and understandable for beginners, essential helped me as well to understand a lot about rhythm, counting but also you to have a lot of fun :slight_smile: ! Wish you the best in your handpan exploration journey

2 Likes

Hi, from Vancouver Island, Canada. I’m glad you found “Essentials”. I think the course is great!

2 Likes

Hi @Reed!
My aunt lives on your island :hugs:

Yes I love the course! I applied before even having my handpan! I tried to rent one but it is not easy because there’s hardly any offer.

2 Likes

I’m working on Essentials and Music Theory lessons. I’m super excited about #TogetherAtHome Handpan Bundle because even though I’m a beginner I got a chance to attempt to play New York Handpan 01. That YouTube video was the first time I discovered the hand pan! Thank you Sam and David!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. Im a beginner too and from Lausanne, Switzerland!

2 Likes

I watched your video. I think you did an amazing job!

1 Like

Thank you @Reed, I am a little bit insecure but happy, I did something after all heheh… Will keep practicing! Thanks!

1 Like

Happy to see there are other people form Switzerland here :hugs:

1 Like

Hi

Welcome and happy to be in the village. I’m from switzerland, too, french part, between the mountains and the lake (Diablerets & Lausanne). Still a beginner, since a long time😊 anyway I love playing handpan is very relaxant, peaceful and totally amazing. With David’s lessons is very helpful to learn and progress. So let’s jam and enjoy

2 Likes

Hello @ChaCha and welcome!

Nice pic from Bagan :sunglasses:

I’m from the French speaking part as well (Jura) :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Hi all! I am from around Fribourg (Switzerland) too! Great to discover new players in romandie :-)!!
All the best to you!!

3 Likes

Hi @ChaCha, nice to know you’re near Lausanne! Im a beginner too, but we could make a jam together after all this virus thing!

Hi mates, greetings from Emmental :smiley:

3 Likes

Hello, I am Matthias from the area near Basel.
Nice to meet you all!
@Deia :hugs::kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Hey you @Madaki ! Nice to see you here!

Hi!!! I’m from Switzerland too, but in Ticino!!
Welcome to the family

1 Like

Yes just waiting this bad period ends, but anyway it’s good to pratctice and learn handpan

all the best