suggestions, commentaries, other options appreciated
- I want to buy a microphone to record 2 handpans.
- I would like to record other instruments like frame drums, guqin (zither), vocals, etc.
- I don’t need a very pro mic, good enough for home recording will do.
- Eventually, I would like to bring them when I play live (when venue has not good mics), I know they are fragile.
- Yes I’ve read Charrier’s How to choose a microphone for the handpan.
- I’m in Colombia so I choose from what we have here
- I would like to have a good pair, for a nice stereo range
My first option is: 2 mics of Audio-technica At4041sp
Price is OK for 2 mics and so far my first choice. But… not sure.
Other options are:
Akg C414b Xls (expensive, just 1 mic, new chinese version…)
Audiotechnica At4050 (Expensive, just 1)
Oktava Mk-012 Msp6 (expensive but 2!)
Akg P420 or AKG C214 (price OK, but quality for handpans?)
MOJAVE MA-50 or MOJAVE 201 FET (Price OK, just 1, not sure)
MOJAVE AUDIO MA-301 FET (Expensive, just 1)
Which choice I should take?
Which is your favorite one?
Do I need a preamplifier?