Who's your favorite handpan player?

We all have that special handpan player we particularly like for his/her style and/or technique.

I really enjoy listening to Sam Maher! :star_struck:

How about you? Drop your favorite YouTube composition of him/her

8 Likes

Hello,
Umberto Ivarity,
Benni

1 Like

My interest and love to my RAV came through these boys, well known I think :wink:

2 Likes

Its hard to narrow it down to one. I like Sam Maher, Marcel Hutter, Malte Marten.
I listen to this playlist often while I work.
That first Marcel song sounds like you’ve walked into a medieval blacksmith workshop :slight_smile:

11 Likes

I got to see these guys play last time they were in Oslo! One of my favorite concerts to date :yellow_heart:

I love Sam Maher, and I’ve listened a lot to Hang Massive, but my biggest inspiration for aspiration has been Daniel Waples.

5 Likes

Hi @Oeyan my first handpan lesson was with Dom Aversano in London. He’s the guardian of Daniel’s Hang. So on my very first handpan lesson, I played on this Hang. Although the truth is more like “I touched it”. It is also my favourite track so it was a memorable moment.

4 - 4 - 3 - 3 - 3 - 4 - 2 - 6 - 4 - D
5 - 5 - 3 - 5 - 7 - 6 - 5 - D
4 - 4 - 3 - 3 - 3 - 4 - 2 - 6 - 4 - D
4 - 5 - 5 - 3 - 5 - 7 - 6 - 5 - 4

1 Like

I really love Archer and Tripp, amazing guys and all-around players. Their latest album is :fire:. Also Quentin Kayser is one of my favourites. Great composition skill and technique, yet so emotional!

Kabeção in a cave, with bats. An amazing series of videos.

7 Likes

KABECAO, NADISHANA & YATAO
All incredible players that I listen to daily!
Much love :heart:

3 Likes

Yatao! The first handpan players I’ve listened to 2 years ago, although since then I discovered many more talented musicians…

3 Likes

Wonderful! I hadn’t heard this before. Thank you.

Hi ya, does anyone know what this shaker is called used in this clip? Lovin it! Thanks

Thanks for that. Gotta have those busking goals hah!

I love Kabeção for his tonal control and Adrian Portia for his amazing technique
But there are sooo many amazing players

I have the dreads, the Cas Cas, and the D Minor, but Waples makes it all look too easy :laughing:

1 Like

Nadayana is the artist that inspired me to get a handpan

[https://youtu.be/350cFsdxTu0]

2 Likes

I should also mention Jeremy Nattagh, Kabe and Tatsunori Hara. I love both technical playing and simple yet emotional one.

Hi!
My favourite Artists ( i do not know very many at this time) are Kate Stone and Malte Marten!
:tulip::four_leaf_clover::cherry_blossom:

1 Like

I really enjoy Yuki Koshimoto and Mumi’s videos!!

3 Likes